No matter what the season, there are bountiful activities to be done throughout Bend and its surrounding areas. Whether you are looking for extreme sports, relaxing spots, or shopping and entertainment, it can all be found within a couple of miles of this rental home!
Click Here for a list of local events!
See below for some ideas and helpful links (email us if you have specific questions or needs):
• Ski at Mt. Bachelor or Hoodoo Ski Resort. They offer world-class slopes for skiers and snowboarders. Cross-country ski and snowshoe on miles of marked trails at Sno-Parks.
• Mountain Biking: Phils trail system has put Central Oregon on the mountain biking map. Bomber single-track, technical rocky sections and snaky flats! Bike to the trail head from the rental home!
• Water activities: Kayak, canoe, whitewater raft, or water ski at nearby lakes and rivers.
• Hike: There are many spectacular hikes, from easy trails with kids, to steep climbs for those looking for a little more adventure, to be found in Bend and the surrounding areas.
• Fish: Fly fish for brown and rainbow trout in the many nearby rivers and streams. Rated by Fly-Fisherman Magazine as one of the Top 10 Fly-Fishing towns in the United States, Bend is truly a fishing paradise.
• Rock climb Smith Rock; it is considered by many to have the best rock climbing in the nation. Smith Rock State Park also has hiking trails too.
• Golf: World class golf awaits! There are over 30 award-winning courses within 20 miles of the house!
• Shopping, museums, and restaurants: There are several wonderful shopping areas within a couple miles of the house; the Old Mill District, the Bend Factory Stores, and Downtown. All offer a plethora of restaurants. There are several museums, with the most popular being the High Desert Museum.
Jill Rossell Photography: http://www.jillrosellphotography.com/
and http://www.facebook.com/Ilovebendor Photos on the home page are generously provided by Jill Rossell. Born and raised in the midst of the natural beauty of New Zealand, she has travelled extensively to experience the wonder and beauty of varied countries and cultures. Jill now lives in Bend, Oregon with her husband and two children, and is available to do family portraits while you vacation in our home! Please check out her website and give her a call to set an appointment. She is AWESOME and has great, great photos!
Jill believes that photography can not only serve to capture the true essence of a person or place, it can embody their heart and soul. When this is accomplished the photograph takes on a life of its own and triggers a deep emotional response in the viewer. As a professional photographer and an artist, it is that goal that she seeks to accomplish. Each time she raises her lens she strives to capture the heart and soul of her subject. She invites you to join her on this ever evolving and exciting journey, one that will undoubtedly provide intimate and remarkable memories captured forever for your lasting enjoyment.